I joined the team of Covenant House Pennsylvania back in January 2020 as Executive Director and have had an opportunity to meet many of the organization’s friends and supporters. I have been struck by the deep commitment of the Covenant House Pennsylvania community to supporting youth who experience homelessness.
As the U.S. faces a national public health emergency from Coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to keep the Covenant House Pennsylvania community informed about immediate actions we are taking to help prevent the spread of the virus and support the well-being of our young people, our team members and the CHPA community:
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection of all Covenant House Pennsylvania sites
- Implementing of an emergency preparedness plan that addresses youth and staff safety, communications, facilities, program disruption, supplies and resources
- Setting aside quarantine space in the event that a Covenant House youth manifests COVID-19
- Coordinating our response with county, state and federal partners and with Covenant House International
- Postponing the Young Professionals Sleep Out – scheduled for 3/20/20 – to a later date
- Halting visitors to any CHPA site until at least 4/16/20
As a friend and supporter of Covenant House Pennsylvania, you know that the health, safety and wellness of our young people is our first priority. Many of those young people are particularly vulnerable, not only to this new virus, but to so many other chronic health conditions, both physical and mental, that come from the trauma of living on the streets. It is your support that is their lifeline and bolsters their resilience. We need you to stand with us during – and after – this challenging time. Please help CHPA by:
We will keep you posted on developments here at CHPA and will continue to be a source of support to PA youth experiencing homelessness. Thank you for your continued support of Covenant House Pennsylvania.