The Ambassadors are a network of Covenant House Pennsylvania supporters who are passionate about supporting our mission and the young people we serve through service, advocacy, and philanthropy. The group is united by a passion for supporting youth experieincing homelessness and will be committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in its recruitment, service projects, and fundraising efforts.
To learn more about to join the network contact us at
The Covenant House PA Ambassadors are divided into three committees who will work year round on a variety of activities.
Philanthropy Committee is committed to:
- Leading the recruitment and fundraising efforts for the Spring Sleep Out in March
- Help introduce Covenant House Pennsylvania to potential donors, foundations, or companies with the desire and capacity to give
- Help support other Covenant House Pennsylvania fundraising efforts throughout the year
- Help us identify and recruit individual volunteers who can support our youth by serving as a mentor, tutor, life skill instructor, or lead a recreational group or activity as the needs arise
- Help us identify companies, religious communities, or other groups (Fraternities, Sororities, Alumni groups, etc.) looking to give back through service that can support our larger events, projects, and initiatives
- Help organize and plan the Annual Volunteer Appreciation event
- Help recruit new Ambassadors by identifying prospects, reaching out to them, interviewing them, and mentoring them once they join the board
- Help get out the word about our important work. Utilize your personal social media and connections to help spread the word about our mission, our events, and educate the public about youth homelessness
- Help organize and plan the Annual Ambassador Recruitment event
To join you must:
- Be at least 24 years old
- Provide your email and phone number
- Try to attend the monthly meetings
- Be open to sharing your past experience at Covenant House PA with current youth and staff and/or our supporters
- Be open to volunteering and supporting Covenant House PA events
The Cov Alum Network was formed to create a pathway for former youth of our programs to give back to the current youth and the organization overall. So many of our former youth have moved on to professions that give back to the community at large and we wanted to make sure they felt they had the same opportunity to give back to the Covenant House Community that supported them in their time of need.
Cov Alum members have made presentations to our Board of Directors, Donors, and Sleep Out participants. They are organizing quarterly information sessions for the current youth to reach out and ask them about their stay at Covenant House and share their expereinces about transitioning from homelessness to independence.
The group meets monthly and food is provided at the meetings for those who are attending. You are able to bring your child with you if child care is an issue.
To get on the mailing list and receive an invitation to attend the meetings please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for wanting to give back to Covenant House Pennsylvania.
Other ways you can help include:
- Like us on Social Media (links at the bottom of the page)
If you are a corporation or business looking for a unique volunteer experience please learn more about our Corporate Partners Program by clicking here
Are you part of a church, school, community service organization, or fraternity/sorority and interested in helping out as a group?
Throughout the year we have a limited number of group projects available, like gardening, community clean-ups, holiday dinner serving, and gift-wrapping. When we don't have an immediate opportunity then see the list to the left with links to find out all the other ways you can support the youth of Covenant House Pennsylvania.
Please note that all group opportunties will be virtual until at least January 2, 2022. We will reassess at that time.
To see what opportunities are available for your group contact us at email@example.com
To be a Mentor you must:
- Be at least 24 years old
- Obtain necessary clearances
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Complete our application
- Complete Abuse Prevention training
Please note that we will not be able to begin accepting mentor applications again until after January 2, 2022. We hope to restart the program after that date.
As a mentor, you can enhance our programming and impact the lives of our youth by bringing your skills and talents to Covenant House Pennsylvania.
Mentor opportunities include conducting life-skills workshops, leading or supporting recreational and/or leisure activities, mentoring, and tutoring youth. We do have some very specific needs for our mentors, but are also open to other ideas and opportunities.
In addition, we always need volunteers to support our major fundraising events throughout the year.
Some basic requirements for mentors are listed opposite. However, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can determine if our needs and your interests align.
Thank you for wanting to help our young people.